How to Apply
Please be aware that this is a two-stage process.
STEP 1: LETTER OF INQUIRY
If you believe that your organization and project meet our guidelines, the first step is to email a short letter of inquiry. Letters of inquiry are accepted throughout the calendar year. However, full grant proposals are reviewed periodically. The full review process may take up to 6 months.
This is an opportunity for you to tell us about your organization and what the project will do for your organization. The letter of inquiry should be no longer than 2 pages and should include the following:
- The organization’s name and contact information
- The proposed project and its purpose
- The issue/need you are addressing
- The approximate starting date and duration of the project
- The total budget for the project
- Anticipated dollar range of this funding request
- Other anticipated sources of funds, secured or requested (Individual donors do not need to be identified)
- 501(c)(3) determination letter
The documents should be emailed to the Trustees of the Fitzpatrick Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will respond to your letter of inquiry advising whether a full proposal will be considered. We may also request a site visit or interview during the application process.
If you are informed that we will consider a full proposal, please submit the following information:
STEP 2: FULL PROPOSAL
- Expand on the letter of inquiry by sending an updated and full description of the specific project for which funding is requested
- Fully describe the need for the project and the nature of the project
- Include a project budget
- Provide an update on funding received and pending for the project
- Images may be included
If you have any questions about the programs of the Fitzpatrick Trust, please call us. Telephone inquiries about grant making or the status of letters of inquiry or full proposals should be directed to Tamara Stevens at 413-298-1036.